You might have thought some time back that making desserts is not possible without dairy or eggs. But here, we have some easy vegan desserts that are sinfully delicious and satisfy your sugar cravings beautifully.
Easy Vegan Desserts
Pumpkin Cheese Bars
- 24 gingersnap cookies
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 packets of cream cheese of 8 ounce
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Egg substitute
- 1 ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a square baking tin with parchment paper and set aside.
- For the crust, pulse cookies in the food processor, pecans and sugar until finely ground.
- Add butter to this mixture and then put in the baking tin. Now press evenly in the tin and then bake for 12 minutes.
- For the filling, pulse cream cheese and sugar. Add an egg substitute at this stage. Now pulse and combine everything well.
- Remove ¼th of mixture and in the remaining, add pumpkin puree and pie spice to combine well.
- Now pour these creamcheese filling and pumpkin mixture on the cooled crust and make swirls with a spoon.
- Bake again until the edges are set and still jiggly in the center.
- Refrigerate until chilled and serve.
Tahini Chocolate Banana
- 2 cups ripe sliced frozen bananas
- 2 Tbsp tahini sauce ( you make yourself by grinding sesame seeds and water into a thin paste)
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Add the ripe and frozen bananas in a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add tahini sauce to this, along with cocoa powder, maple syrup and blend well.
- You can also add some dates if the mixture is not too sweet.
- Serve immediately or you can also freeze this mixture in separate bowls and then serve when slightly thickened.
- Long-grain rice – 100 gm
- Jaggery powder – 250 gm
- Soy milk – 1 litre
- Boil the milk and put the gas on medium or low to reduce the milk a little.
- Add washed and soaked rice into the milk and keep stirring.
- Once the milk is reduced to 3/4th , add jaggery powder.
- Remove from the stove. You can garnish with nuts and serve hot or chilled.
Dark Chocolate Truffles
- 9 ounces dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 7 Tbsp light canned coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Put finely chopped chocolate in a mixing bowl.
- Take another bowl and add coconut milk to it. Microwave until it gets warm.
- Now add the coconut milk to the chopped chocolate and cover with a lid.
- Then lift the lid after 10 minutes and mix well until you get a smooth and melted chocolate sauce.
- 3 1/2 cups non-dairy milk
- 500 gm silken tofu
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 Tablespoons unrefined sugar or honey
- 2 Tablespoons organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Take a big mixing bowl and thoroughly whisk all the wet ingredients until you get a smooth batter. In a separate bowl, take all the dry ingredients and mix them well. Mix the wet ingredients to the dry ones and mix them all well. Take a baking sheet and put your waffle molds on them. Preheat the oven for 5 minutes on maximum. Fill the molds with the batter, but do not overfill. Bake for 43 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes. Now turn the molds over and again bake in the oven for another 5 minutes to cook from below until golden. Remove carefully as the silicon is very hot. Serve with your favorite toppings.